Monday 7 September 2015

Natural Drugstore Makeup for College




Can you even believe it's the end of Summer?? I'm sat here in denial that I have to go back to college this week. A part of my brain keeps saying 'nah it's still the holidays, college can't really begin in the morning' and I'm desperately hoping it's right, even though I know it's not. One can dream, right? But as I'm sure no one is prepared to wake up at the crack of dawn to get ready for the day, I thought I'd share a makeup look that helps me to actually look bright and awake at 8am (even though I'll be ready to fall asleep at any point during the morning).

I always start my makeup with a primer because otherwise I get to the end of the day my makeup is gone - I have no idea what my skin does to it. So I like to apply The Body Shop Insta Blur Primer to my face, concentrating on my t-zone. It has a really odd texture, I honestly don't know how to describe it, but when you smooth it onto the skin, it does feel like its blurring out imperfections and pores.
Onto the base, The Body Shop BB Cream is a nice light dewy coverage and for me, adds a little bit of warmth. When I'm a bit paler, maybe too much warmth, but nothing a good blend down the neck won't fix! As for my blemishes, the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer isn't to shabby when it comes to hiding my spots. It has a really nice coverage with a yellow undertone, so its pretty good at cancelling out any redness.
 To set everything in place, I love to use the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, and I mean love. It's finely milled so mattifies the face, but it still leaves a natural shine behind. Since my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder smashed and left a round powder shaped hole in my heart, this has been nicely filling the space. If you thought the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder was a tad too heavy and too mattifying - try this!

Brow-wise, I usually reach for the Rimmel Brow This Way Eyebrow Gel or the Soap & Glory Brow Archery Eyebrow Pencil, depending on how bold and defined I want them to look. But as I have quite fair, sparse brows, I prefer using the pencil with short, light strokes to make my eyebrows appear fuller. I rate the pencil a lot more than the gel, the gel slightly crumbles a bit towards the end of the day and the wand picks up too much product, which might not be an issue to a lot of people, but I like things to be easy and low maintenance.

The Max Factor Excess Shimmer Creme Eye Shadow: 20 Copper was a recent purchase but a damn good one! It has a whipped creamy texture that looks like a light, shimmery rose-champagne colour when applied. It blends incredibly easily and looks naturally beautiful on the lids, Max Factor definitely have it down with their creme eye shadow formulas.
After a quick curl of the eyelashes, I put one or two coats of the Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara on my top eyelashes, sometimes on my bottom eyelashes; depends how I'm feeling that morning.

To add colour back to my face, I sweep the Sleek Blush: Rose Gold onto the apples of my cheeks. I always forget about this blush, probably due to the black packaging. But then once I remember it, I love it and can't put it down. Last week I found this blush again and now I love it just as much as I did before. It's a beautiful rosy pink shade with gold flecks running through it. I would recommend a quick tap after loading up the brush to get rid of any excess product as it can be a bit strong applied straight. But it kinda acts as a blush-highlighter in one, and for rushed mornings 2 in 1's are my best friend.

This makeup looks really pretty finished off with a soft pink lip, the Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick: 705 Lets Get Naked is a lovely natural pink shade, and for this look I think applying it from the bullet, then blending it with your finger gives a nice subtle effect. If it doesn't feel particularly windy outside I might opt for a pink lip gloss instead, taking precaution against the ol' hair blown and stuck in lip gloss difficulty. Sometimes it's worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment