Monday 14 September 2015

Morning and Evening Skincare Routine



I have always marveled at the vast array of luxurious skincare Space NK had to offer, but I've never actually had the courage to pull out my purse and follow through with a purchase, to be quite honest I had no idea where to begin. But since my skin has been quite problematic recently, I thought it was about time I invested in quality skincare to get it back in check, hence calling upon the shelves of Space NK. Although I didn't walk in completely blind, I had done my research prior to visiting the store. I did the usual read up to see which products designed for my skin type were spoken highly of, along with the pros and cons for each one. However, as I was informed, it doesn't matter how much research you do, products are going to act differently on everyone because we don't all have the same skin.

So the manager suggested I booked myself in for a skin consultation in order for us to have an in depth chat about my skin and test out a range of skincare to get together a dream team of products that would work with my skin and solve the problems I was having. So I did, and can I just say how truly incredible the experience was. If you are thinking of buying some new skincare, I couldn't recommend a consultation enough. They're completely free and just ensure that the products you're purchasing are going to work with your skin and be beneficial. No point buying skincare on a whim, especially if the skincare you have your eye on is quite pricey. Also if you are near Harrogate and are thinking of booking one - ask for Jane. She is honestly incredible; like a real skincare pro. All the staff mentioned how her recommendations had worked wonders for their skin, and I agree, my skin has improved massively since following this new routine.

As obligatory with these posts: a quick debriefing on my skin type.
It has fluctuated quite a lot over the past couple of months, but at the moment it has settled with being combination - oily on my T-Zone and normal on my cheeks; although I can be prone to dry patches on my cheeks also.


AM
On a morning my routine is pretty simple and short, great for me as I'm usually tired and in a rush so don't want to be dealing with anything too complicated.
On a cotton pad I take the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and give my face a quick cleanse. I find cleansing water to be the best for the early hours of the day as its incredibly light and fresh.
Then to give my skin some hydration I take the Nude Purify Balancing Moisturizer and gently massage 1-2 pumps around my face. I've never really found the one when it comes to moisturisers, however I'm quite enjoying this one. It's very light and sinks into the skin fast without it leaving a tacky layer afterwards. But I do like how it hydrates my skin without over moisturizing the oily parts, just does a great job of balancing out my skin.
Then to finish off, I slowly tap the Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado along my orbital bone, followed by the series of drainage movements I was shown during my consultation. The effects of the movements were instant, it was unbelievable when they were first shown to me. The puffiness and dark circles were immediately reduced and under my eyes looked so much brighter.


PM
On to my evening routine, which consists of a few more steps.
With my fingers I massage the Eve Lom Cleanser onto my face, to begin with it's quite solid, then as you warm it up between your fingers it turns into a thick oil. I'm totally obsessed with this product. As well as it being incredibly moisturising, it has a slight grittiness to it, which acts as a very gentle scrub. Sometimes if my skin is horrifically dry one morning, I'll change up my routine and use this in the morning instead of micellar water because it just seems to banish all dry areas.
After I've applied this to my face and neck, a few times a week I will follow through with face drainage movements. Here are the steps that Eve Lom recommends their clients to do. I find this just helps to brighten up my face and encourage the blood circulation, and because the cleanser turns into an oil, it makes doing the movements so easy and relaxing.
With the cleanser still on my face, I then turn on my Clarisonic Mia 2 and brush it around my face in small circular motions. I then use a dampened Liz Earl or Eve Lom Muslin Cloth to remove the excess cleanser by gently wiping it around my face.
To sort out those pesky problem areas, I pump the Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum onto my ring finger and apply it to any blemishes or scarring I have. I also do the same with the Evologie Stay Clear Cream, however I apply this to spots, or areas that look like an outbreak could appear. I rate these products a lot, this year in particular I've suffered with mild acne, and they have really helped to combat this. They've reduced my spots, scarring and redness, I'm so pleased with how my skin is looking, people have even started to notice how much better my skin is!
Finally, just like my morning routine, I apply the Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to my orbital bone to give my eye area a good surge of hydration, and then I'm done! 

I honestly couldn't be happier with this new routine, I think my skin is also extremely grateful for it too. Skincare is definitely becoming my new obsession... oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment